Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 2.9 intake on 2.6 block pics

2.9 intake on 2.6 block pics 7 years 5 months ago #6211

Some years back, before I scrapped my rusty 2.6 block, I lined up a 2.9 intake on it. The fit was right on, though many of the intake bolts didn't line up with holes. Nothing a welder and drill (on the intake) wouldn't fix. Why did I even do this? It would be interesting to know if you could inject a 2.6 on the cheap. Plus, the lower would be an interesting platform for doing up a triple carb setup or something. I'll post some pics of what it looked like soon.
RIP '73 Capri
'88 Merkur XR4ti (dying slow death)
'86 Merkur XR4ti (in the works)
'88 Merkur Scorpio (old faithful)
'98 Ford Contour v6 (God help me)
Bye, bye: '96 Plymouth Voyager junker.
'10 Honda Civic (wife's vehicle)
  • tvissoc
  • tvissoc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Capri newbie
  • Capri newbie
  • Thank you received: 0

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2.9 intake on 2.6 block pics 7 years 5 months ago #6218

Currently have a 2.9 block and head up on the welding table (I was building my 2.9-T5 adapter kit). The Offy 2.6 ports are a little smaller than that 2.9, but they are close enough they can be ported to match. The manifold screw location is also a little different- some appear to fit, some do not. I need to transfer punch the hole patterns onto a plate and compare them, but i do agree they don't appear to interfere with the intake runner path
  • Twentyover
  • Wish I had a Capri!
  • Wish I had a Capri!

2.9 intake on 2.6 block pics 5 years 5 months ago #10583

A long time has elapsed, and much has changed in the world

I sent the 2.6 Offy intake, 2.9 block, and 2.9 World heads to my head porting guy (who did quite a spectacular job, albeit not inexpensive; although to be honest, the 1.82 stainless intakes, single piece stainless exhaust, big valve springs and Ti retainers did add some to the total) had him line up the manifold hold down holes and 2.9 ports, so I now have a carbureted 2.9 intake. I'd be pleased to attach them to this forum thread when I get back home.

Chris indicated that after he did my manifold, he figured out how to make the process faster, so any other manifolds I had he could knock out in less time.

There is port mismatch between the 2.6 intake and heads, so intake port matching would be required
  • Twentyover
  • Wish I had a Capri!
  • Wish I had a Capri!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds