Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Low traffic volume on this forum

Low traffic volume on this forum 2 weeks 5 days ago #11188

I would like to reply to the discussion that Redland and MK lll had in the Update Section of the forum. In my opinion I think that the e-mail list is what is holding this forum back from getting the traffic that it should be getting, being fully aware that our cars are not wildly popular or plentiful. While it may be convenient for some to post on the e-mail list, I think a lot of good technical information and advice goes to waste with that platform. If all the questions and answers that have been given over the years were all on this forum instead of the e-mail list there would be a vast collection of archived data for people to search and learn from. I also know from cruising the internet looking for specific information the membership should expand in turn. I have had to join several other Capri forums in order to gain access to their information and have been able to glean a lot from some of their members and archives. If it was my decision to make, ( and I realize that it is not ) I would move away from the mailing list and try to preserve the information on this forum.

Just my 2 cents, Rob
  • andrucho
  • andrucho's Avatar Topic Author
  • Capri newbie
  • Capri newbie
  • Thank you received: 0

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Low traffic volume on this forum 1 week 4 days ago #11189

I agree, although you used to be able to login to a web based page and search all the postings on the email list. It still appears as though you can do that - groups.yahoo.com , then login using your yahoo login and then pick the capri-list group - it shows all the postings since 2000 it appears.

I have extracted some of the useful info from the list and put it here under how to documents and articles, but that never seemed to really catch on.

I will continue to keep this forum going unless/until I run into issues with keeping the software current. At this point, I don't want to invest in moving things to a new platform, but as long as I can keep things going, I will keep it running. The yearly cost is pretty minimal for me.
'73 2600
Currently undergoing restoration - Almost done!
- Offy Manifold, Holley 390
- New swaybars, brakes, paint
- New interior carpet
- New Cipher Racing seats
'74 2800 - soon to be a v8
New sibling
  • RedlandCapri
  • Capri-List.com Admin
  • Capri-List.com Admin
  • Thank you received: 3

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page: